X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.45.2 Door Gunners

Hey pilots! The update 0.45.2 is live!

- added door gunners on helicopters:
    Mi-8TV, Mi-8MTV, Mi-8AMTSH, Ka-25, H-21, H-34, UH-1D, UH-1Y, ACH-47, IAR-330L
    - door gunners operate in 3 modes: pilot (manual control by default), hold (do not shoot) and auto (automatically shoot at soldiers and AA positions in close proximity to helicopter). To switch between operation modes enable weapon number 7 and use F key to cycle to next mode
    - changed mortars behaviour - now they can shoot 5 times in quick succession, then reload for 5-6 second and be able to shoot 5 times again
    - changed mortar explosion effect on soldiers and AA positions - explosion range is increased, damage is relative to distance from center of explosion
    - changed both mortar and rocket explosion effect on vehicles - you need to hit really close to the vehicle in order to damage it, full effect comes only with direct hit
    - added 2 more spectating modes to spectator
    - ATGM damage increased
    - tank HP on Kosovo map is increased (its the same as tank HP on Nguyen map now, was lower before)
    - added info about radio shortcuts to F1 help menu
    - decreased time needed for AA to reach maximum accuracy

Team JetCat

I had a few minutes to check this new update !!! Door gunners are working well !! I like the possibility to control them, it is funny ! Thanks a lot and keep it up guys ;o)

Ted

And thanks for the stream ;o)

Comment

I really really really appreciate this new update !!! Thanks for the stuff, it is great to play with door gunners and to kill a base with mortars ;o)

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by Jasp
        Looking forward to have another player using my guns while i'm flying! (spectator mode? Then people would have things to do while waiting for their beloved helo to be repaired.)
        Maybe it will be difficult to do but I would find great the possibility to be the gunner of another player while my helos are repairing...

Comment

Awesome, have to try this out soon. I'm very busy since quite a while. (Job and girlfriend drain a lot of time)

Comment

Just noticed with the Chinook, only one window gunner fires from the sides when there are two. I could understand if it was meant that only one gun could fire at a time due to aiming reasons, however you can use both the rear and side gunners when firing at a target that is visible to both. Why do both gunners not fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell View Post
              Just noticed with the Chinook, only one window gunner fires from the sides when there are two. I could understand if it was meant that only one gun could fire at a time due to aiming reasons, however you can use both the rear and side gunners when firing at a target that is visible to both. Why do both gunners not fire?
              This due to gunners setup on this particular model of Chinook. They had 2 side gunners working 4 machineguns, they used to switch positions depends on which side needs gun cover. This is first iteration of door gunners so we didnt do more models of gunners or types of guns - just put what we had into the game. In the next iterations setup with all 4 gunners would be possible, most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by itold View Post
                This due to gunners setup on this particular model of Chinook. They had 2 side gunners working 4 machineguns, they used to switch positions depends on which side needs gun cover. This is first iteration of door gunners so we didnt do more models of gunners or types of guns - just put what we had into the game. In the next iterations setup with all 4 gunners would be possible, most likely.
                Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X