Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hangar Grows! The list of Birds coming to Heliborne.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hangar Grows! The list of Birds coming to Heliborne.

Pilots! You've been asking us what our plans for the next set of helicopters to join the Hangar are. So, today, I'd like to answer that question as best I can. The easist way to do that? Pictures! Along with some simple bits and pieces of info.

I should make it clear that this is just the current "Plan" and is subject to change at a moments notice. So, let's move on shall we?

The Birds

CH-53

CH-46

OH-6

MD-600

MD-900

KA-26

KA-226

KA-27/KA-32

Ansat

KA-60

HH-3

The Info
    First, let me state again, that this is a "WIP" or "Planned" List. Any one of these helos could be made at any time. There is no order, and some helos could be cancled or changed entirely due to licenese issues. However, this is the most exaustive list of the helicopters we have planned and I wanted to share it with you.

Right now, I can confirm that the CH-53 is in the final development stages and should be in the game in the coming weeks. We know a lot of you have been begging for this big bird, and she's coming, don't worrry.

I don't have any information on Tier (yet) as we're still in the discussion stage on where to place the '53 in the tier list.

If you have any questions related to these helos, please keep in mind that nothing is concrete.

I hope this satisfies your curiosity for now Pilots. Stay tuned for more!
    -Rayne
    Last edited by Rayne; 12-20-2016, 08:56 PM.

Nice list of Birds and so many Transport Chopper (in love the Ch53 and the HH-3)

Comment

I see NOTAR helicopters!
      Will there be any difference between NOTAR heli's and regular ones?

Perhaps because the tail boom is mostly just a hollow tube, they are tougher, as hits to the tail are less signifcant? Or maybe they're weaker, because the hollow tube is less structurally strong than a traditional tail boom?
      Perhaps AA engagement range is shorter, because they are a lot quieter than regular helis?

Comment

Good stuff guys ;o)

Keep it up on the good stuff !!! We will wait them ;o)

Nixod asks a good question, any discussion on that or is it too early ???

Ted ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by Nixod321 View Post
          I see NOTAR helicopters!
          Will there be any difference between NOTAR heli's and regular ones?

Perhaps because the tail boom is mostly just a hollow tube, they are tougher, as hits to the tail are less signifcant? Or maybe they're weaker, because the hollow tube is less structurally strong than a traditional tail boom?
          Perhaps AA engagement range is shorter, because they are a lot quieter than regular helis?
          Nah, the NOTAR system just reduces noise...
          it is not stronger than the regular system. just useful for the noise.

Comment

Working...
          X