Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux

I asked this on the old forums awhile back. figured i'd ask for an update.

How is it going with the Linux build? If it is not going well, I would suggest looking into the Vulkan API. It shows a lot of promise for multi-platform support.

That's all I could gather from the steam forums. My guess is, that Linux and Mac builds will be more improved at a later date.

Originally posted by Damion Rayne
    Do you haveMac and Linux Support? - Yes, Mac branch is live and will download upon purchase. Linux build is still in testing. However these builds are only partially tested by the team and will have issues.

Comment

I sincerely apologize. I did not realize Heliborne had moved onto steam. It would appear that I have missed the alpha phase altogether then.

I would then suggest that the Jetcat team contact the people at Gaming on Linux to write an article about it. The Linux gaming community is always looking for more games to support.
      Email form to contact GamingOnLinux.com

Comment

Originally posted by Graybierd View Post
        I sincerely apologize. I did not realize Heliborne had moved onto steam. It would appear that I have missed the alpha phase altogether then.

I would then suggest that the Jetcat team contact the people at Gaming on Linux to write an article about it. The Linux gaming community is always looking for more games to support.
        Yup, you can buy Heliborne on steam since almost two months now. http://store.steampowered.com/app/433530/

Comment

Situation with linux build:
          1) its working, but not tested properly
          2) we probably should gather some linux users and let them access linux beta build on Steam to test if everything works
          3) fix what doesnt work and make it live on Steam

Comment

I tested the Linux build during the Heliborne Alpha phase and there were a few issues that I came across. I posted them on the Alpha forums. I'd be willing to test beta build also to help polish the game for a Linux release.

Comment

Hey, here's instruction on how to try linux build now:
              http://steamcommunity.com/app/433530...84131808705627

Comment

Working...
              X